Thursday, July 17, 2008

Diary of a Lost Soul

This sadness consumes my soul.
I feel lost and out of control.
I need to know someone is there.
I need to know someone does care.
My tears fall and will not cease.
My heart- it longs for peace.
I hide away and try to heal.
This endless sorrow is all I feel.
What can I do to ease this pain?
Is there something still left to gain?
I feel empty and want to cry.
I feel broken and want to die.
How can I heal when the problems won't cease?
How can I still hope for release?
My soul is chained in this desolate place.
My pain is mirrored into my tear streaked face.
So hopeless-so lost and never free.
Who can understand what its like for me?
Who knows the pain I hide.
Is there anyone in which to confide?
I'm trying to let go so I can heal.
But there is no one to help me with what I feel.
So much hurt- so much hate.
Is there anyone who can relate?
I lay in the darkness as I cry.
My mind is restless and I sigh.
I need something to help me forget.
I need freedom from pain and regret.

No comments: